Join National Safety Council and a team of Illinois survivor advocates and local grassroots organizations for the 2017 Illinois Overdose Awareness Day rally. Use #IOAD2017 to join the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
Register here: http://safety.nsc.org/overdose-awareness-day
When: Thursday, August 31, 2017
Time: 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm (Registration Opens at 3:30pm)
Where: National Safety Council
1121 Spring Lake Drive
Itasca, Illinois 60143
What: International Overdose Awareness Day is a global event held each year to raise awareness about drug overdose, remember those who have lost their lives to drug overdose and recognize the grief experienced by families, friends and loved ones.
Join us to:
- Pay tribute to those we have lost to drug overdose in Illinois
- Be inspired by: Rex Chapman, University of Kentucky and NBA Basketball Player
- Anthony Alvarado and Doug Darby, Founders of We All Rise Together
- Free Naloxone Training. Must register at: nsc.org/narcan Space is limited. See flyer below for more details.
- National Safety Council
- LTM Foundation
- DuPage Prevention Leadership Team
- Lake County Health Department
- City of Chicago Public Health
National partners include:
- Fed Up
- Rally for a Federal Response to the Opioid Epidemic