I need to find a treatment facility for my daughter. Where do I start?

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) promotes and implements prevention and early intervention strategies to reduce the impact of mental health and substance use disorder in America's communities. 

  • Find alcohol and drug abuse treatment or mental health treatment facilities and programs around the country at findtreatment.samhsa.gov. Enter your address or zip code into the locator.
  • Or call their national treatment referral helpline to speak to someone. The information is confidential in English and Spanish. 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
  • Click here to access a list of FAQs including information on where a person with no money and no insurance can get treatment.

Click here to review/download a Treatment eBook entitled: How to find the right help for your child with a drug or alcohol problem, provided by the PartnershipTM for Drug-Free Kids.

There are also support groups that can help families of those struggling with addiction. The meetings, held across the country, provide coping skills, self-care, education and resources for family members.

To find support groups in your area, click here

Q&A Category: